Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And Now It's Christmas Music in Early November



I rather liked the Christmas tune "The Little Drummer Boy" when I was in 4th grade.


But having since heard the bloody thing, something like 517,463 times , I now just find it entirely annoying, unctuous, and frankly, odious.

But I just heard it again, minutes ago on Chicago's 93.9 FM.

I also heard Elvis singing "Here comes Santa Claus," and then an all negro girl group from the Brill Building rocker days singing "A Sleigh Ride Together With You" (Ringa Linga Linga Ding Dong Ding Ding) and right now they have Frank Sinatra crooning: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

I am not writing this on December 24th -- or even December 12th.

I am writing this in Chicago on November 12th -- And It's not even bloody Thanksgiving yet.

And yet the nitwits who run Lite FM 93.9 can't figure out anything better to do than to crack out the Christmas moldy oldies -- this damned early!!

Oh, now they have Bing Crosby singing "Do You hear what I hear?"

EGADS!

(Oh Nooooo! Now they're playing the Peanuts' Snoopy Christmas piano song --  Good Grief!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments invited, however anonymous commentors had better deal directly with the issues raised and avoid ad hominem drivel. As for Teachers' Union seminar writers -- forget about it.